Is Your Marriage On the Brink of Divorce?
Discernment Counseling May Be the Next Step
About 49,100 married couples * in Michigan are contemplating divorce this year.
Most don’t want to divorce, but it’s on their minds.
Discernment Counseling is a research-based approach for couples where:
- One (or both) of you are questioning the commitment to stay married and
- One (or both) of you aren’t sure you have the motivation to work hard in marriage counseling to fix your problems.
Discernment Counseling is unlike Marriage Counseling in these ways:
- It’s brief: from one to five sessions maximum
- It’s goal is to increase clarity and confidence on a direction for your marriage, not to fix your problems
- It doesn’t ask you to change right now, but instead to better understand what’s happened to the marriage and each person’s contributions to the problems
* See research page on the footer for more details.