Is Your Marriage On the Brink of Divorce?
Discernment Counseling May Be the Next Step
About 30,100 married couples * in Missouri are contemplating divorce this year.
Most don’t want to divorce, but it’s on their minds.
- One (or both) of you are questioning the commitment to stay married and
- One (or both) of you aren’t sure you have the motivation to work hard in marriage counseling to fix your problems.
Discernment Counseling is unlike marriage counseling in these ways:
- It’s brief: from one to five sessions maximum
- It’s goal is to increase clarity and confidence on a direction for your marriage, not to fix your problems
- It doesn’t ask you to change right now, but instead to better understand what’s happened to the marriage and each person’s contributions to the problems
No Discernment Counselors nearby? Spouse won’t go?
The Hopeful Spouse Guide is what we would help you with in our therapy rooms-
now available online.